Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nike Posts Profit Increases 9%

I hope you bought Nike (NKE) after I recommended it last Saturday.  Nike reported fiscal 1st quarter earnings after the closing bell today and it was quite good.  Nike reported a profit increase of 9%, revenue was up 7.8%.  Analysts polled said Nike's EPS (earnings per share) would be $1.02.  Nike reported an EPS of $1.14. 

CEO Mark Parker has said that Nike has efficiently cut costs and inventory to deal with the recession.  As we have seen in the last 3 quarters, Nike is regaining its ground and headed to pre-recession levels of business.  NKE was up 5% in after hours trading.  Look for a similar price movement during tomorrow's trading day.

Trade: If you didn't pick up Nike after I recommended it last weekend, don't go chasing anything in tomorrow's trading session.  Unless you have proven your day trading skills, don't buy until Nike has a pull back.  Invest Chief is bullish on shares of Nike.

2 comments:

  1. ok, i was wondering about picking some up today NKE. what are your thoughts NFLX and a pull back for them. I am hold steady on SLW...maybe next week, those options are slowly moving out of the $$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I would definitely pick up some NKE. As far as NFLX goes...I have been asked a lot about Netflix that I am going to be publishing my final trade for Netflix this weekend. So check back tomorrow evening to get the final trade and analysis on NFLX.
    Ya, SLW may be giving us some problems at the moment but that trade will pay off.

    ReplyDelete